From:
Philip Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2007 21:53:59 -0400
Hello Bee-l-ers I've been subscribed for a while and have finally decided to
post a question(actually three). I had 2 colonies but they died out over the
winter not enough stores in one and to much wind for the other.The one hive
is still full of honey and the wild bees have found it and there is a lot of
activity (robbing) there. Here is my question.Could I set up a trap hive and
catch these robbers ,requeen them, and start a new colony? Is this an
unethical way of increasing my colony numbers since I would be taking the
foragers from other colonies? Also, since the wild bees have found this hive
would it be a good idea to put a bait hive in its place in case of swarming
activity? I'm really interested to hear your opinions.

Thanks,
  Philip