From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2012 18:55:44 -0500
Hello Coleene & All,

The hypothesis about roundup is a separate issue.

I see bee inspectors taking hives when the beekeeper is *available*
problematic.

Why move the hives to destroy?

Why the hurry?

A simple test for foulbrood is available for use in the field. I have been
present when inspectors have burned hives for foulbrood. Beekeepers were
present unless abandoned hives .

We are of course only hearing one side of the story but Illinois apiary
inspection policies I spoke out against at a meeting in Springfield
Illinois years ago. (in archives)

If you lack the backbone to speak out invite me to attend.

Illinois wanted an inspection and permit for every  move time bees from
county to
county. Wanted a bee inspector in every county. Rules and more rules.

Was only one commercial beekeeper in Illinois at the time so he was the only
beekeeper effected.

If the story posted is true would you be happy (excluding the Monsanto
research part) if you returned home and your hives were missing from a
*business * address?

Maybe a member of the list from Illinois can get the inspection dept. side
of the issue?

Appears the beekeeper has a legitimate complaint to me concerning the loss
of his hives.

I doubt Monsanto had involvement. I heard the Illinois apiary inspector has
many deputies.

my opinion:
If the hives had foulbrood and the beekeeper refused to take care of the
problem then the apiary inspector has the right to solve the problem but not
behind the owners back *if* the owner is known and available.

bob