From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 May 2013 00:19:10 -0400
Christina notes:
Subject: Re: [BEE-L] Reception and learning of electric fields in  bees

We've known most of this since before the Madison lab was moved to  Tucson.
About same time, the pollination folks in Israel were filming bees  using
electrostatic charges to move pollen btw flowers and bees, and Burgett  in
Oregon was looking at effects of DC power lines on bees. I also  remember
being impressed that the two antenna on a single bee could have  different
charges, which the bees apparently could switch at will. Nice to  see
someone
looking at receptors.

I remember Erickson telling me that  he could measure differences in charge
on a comb as bees stepped on and off.  Often wondered whether all of this
meant there was some form of telephone  inside the hive.

Jerry