From:
Morgan Dawkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2018 11:42:37 +0000
"I asked one of my sons, and he said that he'd seen some other cases this
season, and that they cleared up with oxytet (similar to the report from
Dick).  That does not support the virus hypothesis."

Obviously this could support a bacterial cause but does not confirm it.  We see a number of syndromes in veterinary medicine that involve virus and bacterial symbiosis.  The virus damages physical or immunological defenses in the host and allows the bacteria, that may not cause disease in a healthy host, to cause disease.  These patients may respond to antibiotics even though the primary cause was viral.  Tetracycline drugs can also have an immunomodulating affect that can change the course of some types of diseases.

Morgan Dawkins DVM