From:
Tim Cote <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 1996 12:22:26 -0400
I live in a very congested area, 3 blocks from the DC line, so I try to
keep my 6 hives low profile and non-disruptive.  I was therefore quite
aghast last year to see honeybees streaming in and out of the wall of my
new neighbor who is rennovating a rumble-down house.  Of course, one
couldn't *prove* they came from one of my hives, but we know better.

Anyway, my neighbor wanted to poision them, and I knew it wouldn't work and
it didn't.  What did work, bane of our beekeeping existance, was varrolla
mites.  Naturally, I didn't treat that hive, and this year they are nowhere
to be seen.

The enterance is closed now.  The vmites have won the day.

Tim Cote