From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2016 08:21:35 -0700

> >Breeding makes use of the mechanisms of evolution (eg adaptation) but it
> is not evolution.

I beg to differ.  Wikipedia defines evolution as: "change in the heritable
characteristics of biological populations over successive generations."

Many species have evolved to better survive in a human-dominated
environment.  That is evolution.

Thus, the response of a population of organisms to human-applied selective
pressure absolutely would also be evolution.  Just because the selection
pressure is not applied by something other than humans does not mean that
it is not evolution.

>You sound like a proselytizer here.

A proselytizer tries to convert people to their beliefs.  I don't care what
others choose to believe.  But I do try to discuss biological observations
and well-supported theories.  What I'm seeing in this thread is naysayers
attempting to dispute clear evidence with unsupported arguments.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA