From:
Jan Tempelman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 09:39:27 +0200
Walter T. Weller wrote:

> What's a better way to find and catch the queen (unmarked) in a normal
> colony (i.e., two deeps full of bees and brood)?  My straightforward
> approach of pulling frames and looking them over, one by one, doesn't
> work very well for me.  My eyeglasses get covered with sweat so I can't
> see, and I get covered with mad bees stinging through my bee-suit, before
> I find the old lady.

I read the following method
- 2 hives
- take from each hive a frame with brood in all stadia
- exchange them
- wait 10 min.
- on those frame the queen can be found (she is looking for her rival)

--
Jan Tempelman / Ineke Drabbe     |     EMAIL:[log in to unmask]
Sterremos 16               3069 AS Rotterdam, The Netherlands