From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2008 08:40:01 -0800
Chris:
That must entail a lot of bee-handling.  There are people
who consider  your bees must be Africanised.  How do they
handle?

Reply:
Well, when you consider early on we were told to change
nothing but the combs to prove theory for control of mites
and diseases, and we did, and hence have been called
africanized due to sizing for the most part, what is
africanized? But mites and diseases are under control. As
for how they handle,.....well Chris, I am now a 61 year old
woman this year, handling these bees using/prefering those
half bee suits and rubber dishwashing gloves when I use any
gloves at all. So with me working normally alone, it must
be terrible hard hard woman's work and not the really hard
hard men's work, with such mean mean hard killer bees!!!
But in saying that I smile and go on yard to yard and enjoy
working the bees, which seem to handle the way they always
hive. And yes I use a bee brush in taking honey/working
bees one frame at a time, which doesn't seem to rile them
further......So you be the judge as to what is hot I guess
for each has own standard for hot. For is one sting
considered hot? or 2 or other and for how long? Besides
many times I don't even light a smoker in working up or
doing in a yard if it not worth my time for what has to be
done.....(what I did during conference here with those
crazy enough to follow me to field. we worked for the most
part setting up knocked over hives with no smoke! rolling
on).

Regards to you,

Dee A. Lusby

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs