Date:
Sat, 30 Oct 2010 12:43:41 -0600
?> >Is the blueboard in direct contact with the bees?

> In this case, yes.  Will let you know if they chew it.

They'll chew it if they see light and want an entrance.   It is not quite
dense or smooth enough to withstand the bees.  It also degrades in  the sun
and eventually powders on the surface.  I'd suggest using a sheet of 6-mil
plastic under it for better conformity and seal along the edges and to
protect the Styrofoam.

The plastic sheet can be attached to the Styrofoam with tape or glue or
could be a bag over it, like a heavy-duty garbage bag.

6-mil black UV resistant construction plastic comes in rolls and lasts well.
It can be taped or sealed long edges with an iron and waxed paper.
Illustrated instructions are on my site under "Selected Topics".
http://honeybeeworld.com/diary/menus/topics.htm