Reply To:
Discussion of Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 1996 14:49:12 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
In a message dated 96-06-07 08:25:26 EDT, Kelley Rosenlund                      
 [log in to unmask] writes:                                                

>I just read in A.I. Root's "Honey Plants of the US" that peanut plants are a   
>honey crop.                                                                    
>                                                                               
>                                                                               
>Does anyone have experience with this?                                         
>                                                                               
>                                                                               
>Is this a crop that requires a lot of pesticides?                              

Kelly, I have never seen a bee on a peanut blossom.  I believe it is one     
of the few plants that actually self pollinate. (Oftentimes plants are          
claimed to be self-pollinating, when they really mean self-fertile.)            

[log in to unmask]    Dave Green,  PO Box 1200,  Hemingway,  SC                 
29554                                                                           

Practical Pollination Home Page            Dave & Janice Green                  
http://users.aol.com/pollinator/polpage1.html                                   

ATOM RSS1 RSS2