Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 23:36:37 +0100
Hi folks.
Greetings from the Canary Islands (Spain) where I am prfesently on a lecture
circuit on Liquid Vaseline (FGMO) as an alternate treatment for Varroa.
I have followed the Tilia thread with interest and thoiught that I could add
a small contribution.
About four years ago, while discussing pesticide effects on honeybees with a
Virginia resident, I was told that she knew of beautiful Japanesse garden
tree that attracted honeybees in  large numbers. Curiously, the ground under
the tree was platered with dead and sick bees.  It seems that the tree
proeduced a very attrrative nectar but also a very toxic nectar.
   The location of the tree was in the vecinity of  Fredericksburg,
Virginnia.
Best regards.
Dr. Pedro P. Roedriguez