From:
Gerard Worrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 1996 06:09:28 -0400
Allen Dick had asked for comments on beekeepers with cancer. Yes, I have
recently had to have my prostate removed (dec. '95) due to cancer. I have
been keeping bees for 24 years and have been liberally stung during that
time.
  In our bee association we did do an informal poll and found a lower
level of cholesterol for those that knew it. This poll was based on a
comment made during a presentation on apiotherapy that one of the
components of bee venom could lower cholesterol.
Jerry

Gerard P.Worrell Beekeeper with 25 colonies
(410)257-3267  Dunkirk,MD USA
Pres. Assoc. of Southern MD Beekeepers
Life member MD State Beekeepers Association,VP for Calvert Co.