From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2008 10:56:40 -0400
But Spivak reflects on the dangers to her bees, their colonies and
beekeepers, and hopes for something different. "I really hope that bees
change propolis when they collect it, because that leaves bees in the
picture," she says. "I want them to be indispensable, so that people
maintain the bees, which are so important."
http://www.cfans.umn.edu/solutions/bees1.htm
I can assure this is like this, bees are indispensable. I been experimenting
for the past three year with the uses of propolis in the Salmon Industry. I
can say it have many uses, but up to now it is far to expensive. However
under this test propolis have compited with plant extracts - like Saprofin
- with a far greater success. We have done in vitro and in vivo tests,
against bacterias and  fungus, the SARS virus is been treated with boosting
inmuno system with propolis.

On the bees uses I think I told you before that at Uruguay they have been
experimenting with propolis agains AFB with great success. I use it for
conserving the protein patties.

To solve the problem of dosing, like in the french video we distill propolis
up to a honey like product. Raw propolis has a given - but unknown - amount
of active ingredients, the rest is wax, polen, and dirt. If by distilling
you concentrated the active ingredients, then you can disolve it to a your
desire dose. check here for the still www.amazingstill.com.

Good luck.

I will reserv the secret to make propolis disolvable in water.

--
Juanse Barros J.
APIZUR S.A.