From:
Tim Townsend <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 1999 12:55:08 -0700
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Has anyone on the list called Pierco to see what they reccomend regarding
> foulbrood and their brand of foundation?

As a representative of Pierco, I have been hesitant to answer this question.
When I have been asked this question in the past, my answer is not always
well received.
    Burn it, that was how we had dealt with a bad case of AFB years ago. It
not only cleaned up the problem, but with proper use of antibiotics, we have
had zero problems with AFB since.
    Some research has been done using bleach, 5% concentration, with copious
rinsing after with clean water. I am not sure of the results, as I haven't
needed to try it, and I'm not sure I would. Sometimes the cost of the cure is
less than no cure at all.

Tim Townsend
TPLR HONEY FARMS
Stony Plain AB