Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2010 06:09:56 -0700
--- On Wed, 7/21/10, randy oliver <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
..... the active ingredient, chlorothalanil is highly suspect for causing
bee problems.  It is a major contaminant of combs, and associated with
entombed pollen.

Thanks Randy.   The fungicide was sprayed on peanuts in the field in
front of my hives.   The wind was calm and the farmer dropped his spray
booms when passing in front of the hives.   He also said the spray was
in a larger drop format rather than a mist so I don't think there was
any problem with drifting.  As far as I know, the bees have not been
working any of the peanut bloom.   I'd appreciate knowing what to look
for if, in fact, the spray does produce adverse affects on my hives.
With what you have told me so far, I think I will take samples of pollen
 using a pollen trap and also take samples of old and new comb this fall
 for chemical analysis.  I'd appreciate any suggestions for procedures
from you and other here on the list.

Mike in LA