From:
John Alexander <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 15:49:18 +0000
Greetings all.

I'm in Beltsville Md and started a hive in early july.  They built up
well in the first deep and I supered up about the middle of July and
went on leave for most of August.  Just checked the boxes.  Bottom
brood box looks fine, but the top on is a gawd awful mess.  Burr,
brace, folds and other generally bad looking work.  It's is also
exclusively full of honey.  No brood!  Plenty of brood in the bottom
though.

Any thoughts on what I can do to get them to draw out better and
maybe get the queen to start laying up top?

My hive is a 10 frame Langstroth with all frames in using duragilt.

Thanks much

John Alexander