From:
Dave Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 1995 14:51:06 -0500
Despite my best efforts, I have lost my first hive and now have
my first experience with wax worms.

I salvaged four full frames of capped honey from the hive which had just
begun with the worms.  They are nearly free from visible evidence of
worms, although trails are visible on two of the frames.  The hive
had become queenless and was being robbed out.    It showed no
evidence of brood disease.  I suspect varoaa mites as they are in my
yard.

Those frames are now in the freezer.

Question:

After several days there, can I put those honey frames into
another hive without fear of introducing worms to them?

Thanks in advance.

Dave Johnson
email:  [log in to unmask]