From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Nov 2015 15:02:11 -0500
> Jim,  Love your work,  but at times you have a very
> narrow view.   In this one all you think matters is
> your view of protecting your bees without telling
> anyone where they are,  or conceding anything.

The debate about registration and inspection was on fire long before I got
here.  :)

I am merely explaining what the terrain looks like, and what we will do to
nip this latest ploy in the bud.  I am not suggesting that any of this is
appropriate for beekeepers in states with ag departments that are less
openly hostile to the interests of beekeepers, or at least less consistently
hostile.

But I am perfectly willing to sic DEC on Ag and Markets, as a little
internecine warfare within state government might reveal ways to cut both
their bloated budgets, and get some real teeth in the enforcement of FIFRA
in NY State.  I assume that DEC will do anything to keep the EPA from
declaring them unable to do the job, so they might have to start doing
(gasp!) some actual enforcement to prove that they can.

My own bees don't matter in the least, they are simply not inspectable
without making an appointment in advance.  Getting up on any roof in NYC
takes the permission and cooperation of multiple people, all of them
seasoned veterans at saying "no" to strangers, and all of them enjoying
nearly unlimited honey from the hives they will deny the existence of, if
asked.