From:
DICK MARRON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2013 23:36:10 -0400
Thank you gentlemen, for the guidance. I pulled the celery story up from my
head. I'll keep looking but will assume the story actually read: "Hybrid
celery strain pulled" and made the ASSumption it was a man-made hybrid. It
just never occurred to me that someone would go the slow route to create a
new celery unless there was a crying need for it. It is apparent that we
were in a world of genetic modification from the beginning of life. The
current man-made production of splicing genes in willy-nilly, merely speeds
things up. Slow nature makes mistakes but has more time for them to die off
if they are negative for the species. An untested new cultivar that suddenly
exists in ,say, corn ... in 90% of the crop, (which covers several states)
doesn't leave much time for correction. If it keeps changing, and why
shouldn't it, what new forms may occur? Knowing how shortsighted humans can
be, I'm a little worried. It happened before Monsanto.

With a tip of my hat to the need to remain bee-connected, I submit that all
agriculture is bee related and that being informed means being broadly
informed.

Did you ever hear of the Potato Famine that drove a country to its knees. A
new hybrid potato promised double profits to poor sharecroppers that were
working at barely sustenance levels as it was. Nobody noticed that the new
strain had no resistance to an older enemy. A fungus I think. Because they
were uninformed of the big picture, thousands starved. The political system
at the time decreed that food, in the form of grain be continuously exported
rather than be kept at home, to give the masses a nibble. Ergo the famine
was political and was based on profits. There's a reason there was so much
hate in that part of the world.

On to bees. A recent thread invested itself in whether the internal side of
a bee had a coating. I'm still wondering if another thread by Randy O. who
can kill whole colonies by dumping macerated bees, from apparently healthy
bees, on them.
Try this. The insides of human organs are covered in mucous. This acts as a
sort of flypaper that contains many viruses. These little fellows are
antagonistic to invading bacteria that are detrimental to the host. There is
a constant evolution in   progress. The "maceration" process may be
releasing evil that was contained in  the apis version of mucous.

Recent findings: When a baby drops its pacifier and its' mother picks it up
and puts it first in her own mouth, it's a good thing for the child's immune
system. Crohns Disease responds over 80% of the time to a fecal implant from
a healthy family memory, seemingly because of the presence of friendly
bacteria.

The point is....we exist in a roiling ocean of genetic (and epigenetic)
manipulation. Sorry if I went too general. Can't promise I won't do it
again.

Dick Marron