From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2012 07:01:08 -0700

> >Do you understand millions of acres of corn and millions of miles of
> ditches?

Yes I do!  I visit and fly over the Midwest regularly.
What I'm getting at, is when I ask researchers whether they've sampled bee
water sources for pesticide residues, there appears to be a surprising lack
of data!

> >Most commercial beekeepers see proving row crop problems exist a low
> priority.
> Keeping thriving hives a high priority.

Seems like the recent petition to the EPA suggests that some feel pesticide
issues are a high priority.
The problem is that beekeepers would rather whine, complain, accuse, and
sign petitions, rather that actually do anything meaningful to address
pesticide problems.

Such meaningful actions would involve the actual filing of incident
reports, and the taking and paying for analysis of suspect samples.  Both
would go into the EPA database, and thus be evidence that could be used by
EPA to better regulate pesticides.

Bob, are you in the whining group or the action group?

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA