From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Sep 2009 08:26:13 -0700
> Has anyone here had enough experience with these things to make
> recommendations as to models and sources, and perhaps provide a discussion
> or point out references?

Hi Allen,

I also wanted a similar camera, and tried two.  I now use the Moticam
1000 (microscope.com).  It is adequate, but when projected on a screen
for viewing by an audience is nowhere as good as actually looking
through the eyepiece of the scope.

I've also used a Videoflex camera going to a TV, which I've found to
be very good for showing groups either macro or through the microscope
views.

However, I am still looking for a truly clear camera that can be
hooked to a computer.  I have viewed a few at some labs, and have yet
to be impressed.  For that matter, I've viewed nosema spores through a
few very expensive scopes at labs--none have come close to the
inexpensive Omano36 (microscope.com) detailed at my website.

I found in my searching a website with incredible photomicrographs of
fungi, and corresponded with the author.  For his photos, he simply
held his digital camera against the eyepiece of the scope, just as I
do.  I find that on some scopes, that I need to space the camera back
a little.

I also would like to hear from anyone who has found a scope camera
that gives truly crisp and accurate images to the computer screen.

Randy Oliver