From:
Gail Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 2016 08:52:23 -0700
From: Gail Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
To: Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 18:45:52 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: [BEE-L] absconding

Hi Floyd,  I don't know where you are, but we have had it drilled into us that the OA dribble should be applied in brood-less periods.  For me, that means late Nov. early Dec. and then repeat in late January.  Weather depending, queens are laying by then, but no bee flight of any significance until March.  FYI we are just below the 49th parallel, on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada.
All The Best for 2016!!

Steve Mitchell