From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2007 13:57:17 -0400
> From  conversation from those involved and close to the
> problem I have learned that it is very doubtful anything
> new found through research *if found* can be proven
> (beyond a doubt) as the cause of the current die off.

OK, whoever you spoke with is discouraged at not finding
something clear and compelling so far.  That's understandable.
But soldiering on is the only possible move anyone has.
No one said it would be "easy", no one said it would be "quick".

> The recommendation I have been told is too fix all the
> "existing stuff" (Jim's description of known problems)
> and then the CCD team can do a better job of searching
> for the missing bees.

We all know the story of the fellow who came out of the bar
and was trying to find his car keys that he had lost
somewhere on the street.  His friends came out and found him
looking under the lamp post and asked "Why aren't you looking
elsewhere? You haven't found them here."

And he replied, "Well, this is where the light is."

The proposed approach is every much like that old joke,
exactly like that old joke.  Except for not being the
least bit funny in this context.