From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2012 10:06:40 -0400
a friend writes:

> Here's what you said: "Certainly the signature of nature is diversity, but there are plenty of thriving ecosystems that are vastly less diverse than others, so great diversity can hardly be claimed indispensable."

> So you probably interpret that sentence differently than I do.  We can let it go at that.  Everyone can say what they like, it's a free country.  I happen to think that those with "authority" ought to be more careful than everyone else about what they say, that's all.

I would like to point out once and for all, I do not claim to be an "authority" on anything. Quite the opposite, in fact. I think of myself more as a pro-active librarian. There is a lot of new information and it is increasingly more difficult to be "informed" in any sense of the word. But that's what I strive for.

Ask hard questions, explore difficult answers, never be satisfied. Quote me at your own peril, as I will deny having said anything like this in a month.

PLB