From:
JOHN HARBO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1993 13:38:00 EDT
Does anyone know of a way to mark varroa mites?  I haven't done
extensive testing , but I have tried one lacquer based and one water
based paint applied to the dorsal side of a mite.  Neither seemed to
stay on the mites after they were returned to the bee colony.  However,
it is also possible that my marking method killed the mites or that all
the marked mites escaped my search.  I am also interested in learning
about marking attempts that have failed.

John Harbo
Baton Rouge, LA USA