From:
Gerald Herrin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 07:21:25 -0500
I believe that documented cases of the Small Hive Beetle have been noted
in St Louis County and also in the Jefferson City area of Missouri. At
our local beekeeper's association meeting a few months ago, the state
entomologist spoke of this, bringing preserved specimens of the beetle
for us to see. If anyone suspects Small Hive Beetle infestation in
Missouri, a call to the stare entomologist might be appropriate to help
keep track of this new bug.

Gerald Herrin