From:
Eric Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2008 09:00:35 -0400
Hi everyone,
I'm looking at setting up a bee yard near a 60 acre sunflower field, and
I'm wanting to know, first, what to expect in the way of honey, and second,
what kind of legitimate pollination benefits I could honestly advertise to
the farmer.  These sunflowers are all getting sold to local dove hunters,
so I'm assuming they're all oilseed type hybrids.  This just happens to be
the only sizeable sunflower field I've ever seen in North Carolina, so it's
a very uncommon crop here.  Thanks very much for any advice/knowledge any
of you all can offer.
Eric
west-northwestern Piedmont of North Carolina