Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2008 13:55:14 GMT
peter, of the 2 videos i posted, there are in excess of 20 colonies being shown.  i didn't edit anything after the fact, so this doesn't just show "the strong ones".  what colony are you referring to (which video, and at what time)?

it also must be noted that smoke is hardly being used at all (in order to keep the nurse bees on the brood frames for splits).  do you have a film we could see of you going into that many hives, that many deep, and no smoke so we can see "what it's supposed to look like"?  also, my recollection is that africanized bees are supposed to maintain small colonies...are these small colonies?  (and if so, can you please provide a picture of a large colony to compare it with)?

"all that protective clothing" consists of an inspectors jacket, painters pants from wallmart, dollar store dishwashing gloves, and some velcro spats.

we are also used to working our bees in street clothes (wearing a veil, jeans and a tshirt)...but the numbers of bees when the colonies are 5-6 deep is a different story.

deknow

-- Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I'd be taking a sample to see if they were AHB