Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2007 14:35:15 GMT
I am running a couple of hives this year with 3-deep broodnests
(the 'unlimited broodnest').  I have a couple of questions for folks
here who've reported good success with this set-up:

1. Do you place a queen excluder on top of your 3-deep stacks or is
the queen free to move up into the supers?

2. Do you find, by chance, that bees are content just to occupy the 3
deeps and don't move up into the supers above the queen excluder?

3. Did you see an improved honey production?  And how many [medium]
supers do you put on?

4. Have you ever tried creating the main entrance above the queen
excluder in the 3-deep set-up?

Please also advise in what part of the country you keep bees.

Thank you.

Waldemar
Long Island, NY