From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2007 19:26:18 -0500
Bob Harrison wrote:
> Jeff Pettis said all the large Migratory beekeepers which reported the
> problem had European Foulbrood in their hives. Duh!
> The answer is simple. They all quit using terramycin and went to using
> tylan. TYLAN does not control EFB.

The only time I have seen EFB was when I was with Tony Jadczak when he
inspected commercial migratory beekeepers on the blueberry barrens. My
understanding was it was normal to see a lot of it (which I did) when
bees were under stress. Nothing more to add here, just an observation.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine