From:
"Glen B. Glater" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Glen B. Glater
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 15:38:51 EST
Posted on the Bee-L was:

  On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, Worker Bee wrote:

> Paul, I have used the mentioned lures for a couple of years and have had
> no luck. I ordered two more this year and am going to try again. I want
> to put them out a little earlier this year.
>
> Don
>

> Paul Cronshaw, D.C. wrote:
>

> > Bee-Listers:
> >
> > Anyone had any experience with the various swarm lures?
> >
> > I am particularily interested in the lure marketed by Brushy Mountain Bee Farm.
> >
> > Any feedback appreciated
> >
> > Paul Cronshaw, D.C.
> > Cyberchiro and Hobby Beekeeper
> > Santa Barbara, CA  USA

  Hello Paul and All,

    I have used swarm lures made up at the U of Kansas. They have worked
 for me.They run about $ 10 and have enough to do about 8 traps.They use a
 petrollium base now and it is easy to use.I will see if I can find the
 address or if anyone else has it , would you please post it.We should be
 able to get into the U of Kansas computer and the Biology department.
  Justin down at the USDA research center ( Hayden) in Arizona is an expert
 in traping.They ran an article of his in the ABJ about 5 months ago.I
 think he was on the list for awhile.

  Best Regards

  Roy

FYI, Justin sent me info in response to a question that I asked him
via email a long time ago.  I had asked where I could buy his traps
and lures (and BTW I was under the impression that that is what Brushy
was selling.  I bought their stuff and had *no* luck with it, even
when I put it 6 inches away from a swarm that had landed on my back
porch...) and this is what he said:

I had asked him "Where can I purchase one of your large size swarm
traps?"

He replied:

"We finally have a supplier.  --J"

The supplier info is:

Mann Lake Ltd 1-800-233-6663

Mann Lake Ltd.
501 S. 1st Street
Hackensack, MN   56452
http://www.manlakeltd.com

HD-375 Swarm Traps 1-4 $13.65 ea, 5-9 $12.30 ea, 10-49 $11.50 ea,
>50-CALL

HD-376 Swarm Lures (2 per packet) $2.95 ea

I am not affiliated with this organization at all, BTW.  I haven't
tried either of these products and can't attest to their
functionality.  I am simply relaying information for your use.

There, now you can't yell at me if you buy them and they don't work...

;-)

--glen

Maybe if people start calling them about this they'll give me a
discount when I call...

:-)

        Midnight Networks        200 Fifth Avenue * Waltham, MA  02154
        Glen B. Glater                      Manager, Technical Support
        Phone: (617) 890-1001                    Fax:   (617) 890-0028
        Internet: [log in to unmask]      http://www.midnight.com/~glen
        Midnight Networks WWW page             http://www.midnight.com