From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2018 17:08:45 -0500
Time has marched on...and here is an update.

I had hoped for a discussion on the topic,  but Alas,  it seems it was
another "Drive by" hit piece.

So for those who care and may have  actually read the article,  I would like
to point out some basic flaws,  Leaving Aside Lundgren reputation. (research
for yourself)

This papr should be in the running  for Professor Bromenshenks  "worst
paper"  Fortunately it does not even remotely rise to the level of a "paper"

I have actually seen high school work that is more accurate and complete.

The basis if the paper is economic opportunities  and better soil with
Lundgrens "techniques"   The data set itself is interesting with the bulk of
the theory based on the increase of organics in the soil.   What he fails to
mention is that every farmer out there knows this,  and that the "organic
material" increase  is at best temporary.   The big secret he doesn't
mention is that soil organics using his methods are artificially increased
(using a plow)  and that the soil will revert to its original quality in 2-3
years (averages  some faster some slower)  so we plowed it up to increase
Carbon content,  but used fossil fuels and steel to do it,  not to mention
the increased erosion from that practice.

He was fair in mentioning the decrease in yields,  math shows it clearly.

Then he goes on to outline increased profits,  take a real good look at the
data!  He pushed up the sale prices in his crop from the 3-4 dollar range of
conventional,  to as high as 14.00!   with no data!  Only a grand illusion
to running livestock also as a possibility to increase profits.  No data on
where the increase comes from,  no data on how much the additional cost from
husbandry equipment comes from (fences feed bunks and vets are not free)

Any good High school teacher would require an explination (other than its
what I put in the spreadsheet)

Blue Dasher farms is a 50 acre toy.  Yea,  some guy with 50 acres can spend
all weekend at a farmers market to sell his stuff,  unfortunately it doesn't
work for everyone to do that.

We should be really upset this guy ever got any power at the EPA,  we should
also be very wary of information that's spread this way.

Check it out for yourself,  I would love a real discussion of the details,
this type of "peer reviewed" work should be discussed,  and IMO discarded.

Charles