From:
marian pintilie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 1997 21:34:18 +0200
Frank & Phronsie Humphrey wrote:

> I read an article in one of the bee magazines on the subject about 2 years
> ago.  The article stated that Canada had rejected  several shipments from
> China.  This about the time that Canada and the US were having trouble with
> China dumping honey on the two markets.

Some of ships on which sailed my brother was supplied with honey from
China . it was need for detection to see that was faked. The taste was
horrible

believe
> however,  that the markets these producers serve are very discerning.
> Anyone selling to a small market and adulterates honey will probably run out
> of customers.

Unfortunately is not true. Always will be unadvised buyers to be
cheated.And more, is a matter of taste. One used with liquid (Heated)
honey will reject  a pure but cristalised honey. We have a sayng about
that : "Is not how my mother used to do it" . ( for those who don't know
the story : A young husband was every time upset because the taste of
the food made by his wife is at his mother home. One day the poor wife
burned the meal, and was really scared, but was no time to replace so
served it burned. the grumpy husband exclamed happy - Finally you made
it like my mother used to .)

by the way about cristalised honey. Here in Romania is only acacia
(Robinia pseudoacacia) do not cristalise.

In other parts of the world are other types of honey which do not
cristalise?

thanks for your time

Costel