From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2008 19:13:52 -0400
>if we are to believe the paper you cited here, it makes perfect sense.

The other paper I cited refers to further studies by the same authors showing that cells made
smaller by successive cycles of brood did NOT inhibit varroa reproduction. Varroa reproduction was
less, however, with newer comb which could account for initial effects when changing cell size.

pb

2) Giancarlo A. PICCIRILLO, David De JONG (2004) Old honey bee brood combs are more infested
by the mite Varroa destructor than are new brood combs