From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2012 19:00:43 -0500
Subject: Re: [BEE-L] Midwestern beekeepers, please write me!

Bob wrote:

> "...workers with pollen on legs. "

Can you put the pollen under a microscope and discover its source?

I know you are trying to help Chris but these hives were dusted by the
neonics used with the John Deere corn seed planter. I should have never
consented to keeping hives on the location.

Hopefully the USDA will send an entomologist out but if like last time our
areas beekeepers told of  losses the entomologist never came. 700 double
deeps were never looked at. (USDA records).
Calls were made and finally we were told to work the boxes as no
entomologist would come out.

I used a different approach today. I am leaving town till Wednesday evening.
Thursday I am moving the hives and working. If the office procrastinates
then their loss.

Another member of BEE-L spoke of the USDA not coming out nor returning his
calls.

I am on a first name basis with my local office and will hear from the
department  but not waiting longer than three working days.

We are in small hive beetle country and I am not going to get paid for my
loss so I am going to salvage what I can.

bob