Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2018 03:38:08 +0000
I'll reiterate what I've posted before.  Years ago we had a queen/package producer who produced Carniolans - probably about as pure as one could get back then.  His procedure was to provide free queens to every colony owner he could find in about a fifteen to twenty mile radius from his mating yards.  Of course, these queens would be queens he wanted to use as drone mothers.  In his home mating yards he used the queens he wanted as the queen mothers.  IMHO this would seem to be the best method available to us as queen breeders to produce the genetics we desire.  Free drone mother queens to every bee keeper/haver know to exist within a twenty mile radius and close control on queen mothers.  One would have to keep a very close control on the lines one used for each operation of course.
And, there is always II.
Mike in LA