From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2013 00:06:59 -0300
>Proposed uses on lettuce, radish, etc. seed, Stan

I missed that.  I guess I will stay tuned.  Coming soon .... (if not
already farmer applied illegally)

OK, there are still huge differences in field loading rates between crops.
On the page that you referred to

http://www.bayercropscience.us/products/seed-treatments/poncho-votivo/crops

it does not list potatoes.  But I checked here and various clothianidin
formulations are registered for potatoes, the most common being TITAN.   So
lets go with potatoes,  it is a lot less than lettuce, but way higher than
canola.  There is also no spurious point source element since the soil is
mixed and the plant waste incorporated in the harvesting of the crop.

Potatoes  from the EPA document are .163 to .325 lbs. active ingredient per
acre.
In PEI the higher rate would be used, because it is recommended for
wireworms and they are a problem.
The half life would be way over a year here, because imidacloprid was 455
days and that was higher than most other places.  But since I don't have a
figure lets just assume a one year half life.
Some people plant canola after potatoes here.   There will still be .16 lbs
per acre.  The canola rate is .03
So the residue will be dosing the canola at five times the recommended rate.
On the PMRA website looking at the label for TITAN and the other registered
clothianidin products (mostly mixed with systemic fungicides) it says you
are allowed to replant potatoes.  So if you get a frost and have to replant
the field it is legal to replant with treated seed sets and double the
field loading as a result.

Stan