From:
"Sr. Monica Ryan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 20:09:23 +0100
 Hello to all!
Wondering about what I saw?   I sat in the apiary today for quite a
while observing what was happening at the hive entrances.  We have only
5 hives.  The time was 3 p.m. June 1st and the temperature was 19 -20
C.  I never before saw so many drones entering the hives.  AS well, I
did not see a scrap of pollen being brought in.

The colonies have been in good shape up to now.  We took off honey on
the 15th May, and the supers are again almost ready for another
extraction.

I'm wondering what was going on - why were there so many drones? And why
was there no pollen?  The picture I got was completely different from
any I observed before.

Has anybody else had the same experience?  Is what I saw a good or a bad
omen?  Am really wondering.

Thanks, in advance

Sr. Catherine Duffy
(Sr. M. is just the typist)