From:
Deanna Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2012 12:03:00 +1200

I understand Abbe Emile Warre published his book 'Beekeeping for All' in about 1948.   David Heaf translated the book from the original French in about 2006.

Since the translation of the book, no doubt aided greatly by the internet, the popularity of the hives has grown in some circles.

My question is.. what happened to the hives in between?

I can't find a darn thing about thriving Warre beekeeping over the near 60 year interval.   Or about any Warre beekeeping in the interval, come to that.

Were they in use anywhere in any signficant numbers?  Or at all?

If anyone can point me to any information, I'd be grateful.

regards

Deanna Corbett
Hawke's Bay, New Zealand