From:
Robin Dartington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2014 07:36:36 +0100
> On 24 May 2014, at 02:56, randy oliver  wrote:>In the long run, this is what it's all about.  Not about focusing on banning this or that, but rather looking at overall environmental
> stewardship, which is mostly about land use practices.<

We have to be wary and ban substances with long-term unintended consequences.  We must not forget the history of DDT.

Researching and banning dangerous substances is direct action that can be focussed on.  Whilst responsible land use practices are the perfect answer - suspect substances being voluntarily set aside by all land owners - that runs counter to profit making in a money-obsessed world.  No-one seems to have any answer to the continuing degradation and resource depletion of the planet in the name of profit. Except to ban extreme dangers when detected.

Robin