Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2010 07:51:24 -0600
> I think  this bears repeating: all observations I have made are that the
> varroa resistant bees are as productive as those from other stock.

Yes, I do recall your suggesting that before, as have some others who raise
varroa tolerant stock.

I confess to have been influenced by such reports and have obtained several
stocks reputed to be varroa tolerant and found that I am seeing counts over
20% and PMS.

What I wonder is why, since you offer stock for sale, have the large
commercial beekeepers not moved in that direction and forced you to expand
or buy breeder queens.

Could it be that there are management or locality factors which cause some
to be successful and others not?  The reports of success seem to be
beekeeper related and not universal.  Are your customers as successful with
the stock as you are?

Bob can probably add something to this.  Are we just seeing brand loyalty,
or is there some other reason?