From:
Charles Grubbs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 18:37:43 -0500
-- [ From: Charles Grubbs * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

I have an old eight frame hive that I got from a friend, the frames and hive
body are in terrible shape. I want to move the bees into a new 10 frame hive
as soon as possible, but with as little disturbance to the bees as possible.
The eight frame consists of 2 hive bodies, and as mentioned before the
frames are practically welded together. I was reading in the book The Hive
and The Honeybee from Dadant, and it said that to move bees from a hive that
there might be a danger of killing the queen in, you could place a hive body
on top of the old one and use the bottom board on top, and close off the
bottom entrance to the old hive, then beat on the side of the old hive
bodies and attempt to drive the bees into the new hive. My question is will
this work, and are there any other methods that might work better.

* Charles (Rick) Grubbs      *
* Douglasville, Ga SE USA  *