Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2010 08:48:47 -0400
I would like to ask you all a question, though:
> Is this an open forum in which it is safe to ask questions without having
> folks then descend aggressively on one's personal email? OR am I going to
> rapidly have to learn the lesson that it is not an open fair forum, but one
> fraught with politics and that I need to be very careful in watching my
> step?
>
> In the interest of goodwill and curiosity and 'learning', I hope the former
> rather than the latter.

It is a fair forum, but can be touchy at times. The problem is your post
invited the assumption that you were with the anti-Jerry group and trolling.

Most of us post a reply here on the forum and do not flame off line. Bad
form and whoever did it should be ashamed and apologize to you as you
deserve it. Truth is, most of the off line emails I have received are
encouraging and helpful including data to either help or counter my post.

That said, this list can be abrasive as your comments will be challenged and
the level of abrasion depends on the posters. You will gradually understand
the personalities involved and take some with a semi-truckload of salt.

It can be interesting. Way back when, during the FGMO discussions (I was a
skeptic), I was threatened with a lawsuit. Since I understood the correct
definition of slander, I was not concerned. Nor should you.

The list has the good habit of refining toward the truth.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine