From:
Garry Frey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 11:08:52 EDT
Hi All

    I have finally found where i can add to the list and not just receive, i
have contended with deerticks for years in my forays afeild and have found 2
things effective that i find have no affect on my bees, first and best
deterrent for ticks is a cheap pair of rubber hip boots (keyword RUBBER) the
ticks seem to be unable to cling to it and will not be able to travel up to
the vital areas.....the other method effective in areas of sshort grasses or
low foliage is the good fleea&tick collars for dogs tape your pantleg closed
at the ankle and wear one collar on each leg at the top of the calf.

Hope this woks as good for you as it does for me
Garry