From:
Brad Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 20:10:44 EDT
It's a good point to mention bee stings, as it's likely there is some way to
differentiate between pre and post death stings.  I suspect that stings when
alive and when "just dead" are similar. However, stings that come when one is
"most sincerely dead" likely lack the reaction we all know.  The unfortunate
aspect of all this is that most medical examiners are not like the dudes in
the TV show "CSI".  This individual could have died due to bee stings,
anaphylaxis, strangulation from his ex-wife, whatever. Could, should, and did
are different things.  Odds on bet is that he had coronary artery disease and
it was his time.  Just like lots of other folks every day.  It just doesn't
make as good paper copy if he wasn't killed by bees.