From:
"Janet A. Katz" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 02:51:10 -0400
Dick Allen wrote:

 >"The bee books say that for someone not used to being stung massive
swelling can occur, sometimes increasing in size for 72 hours and even
lasting for a week."

.... Where in my post did I mention anything implying there was a way to
predict?"

I interpreted the part of the statement, "...for someone not used to being
stung..." as implying that if someone is used to being stung, then the
reaction would not be massive swelling, etc. Therefore, if someone just
starts getting stung and gets used to it, they won't have a problem. I made
the leap based on my personal experience (local reaction for years then
anaphylaxis once) and on statements by an allergist. Sorry that my
interpretation of your post was incorrect.

Janet A. Katz
Chester, NJ