From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 2010 21:07:50 -0500
temik was one of the first systemic pesticides. Bayer purchased temik from
Union Carbide.

*In my opinion* temik NEVER met U.S. food safety standards and never should
have been registered in the first place. I guess I can go back to drinking
Florida orange juice now that temik is phased out. Still in ground water in
areas of many groves I am told ( of course so is imidacloprid if applied
within 300 feet of a ground water supply).

My father told me 40 some years ago there would be more money to be made in
selling bottled water than in beekeeping but I only laughed and said people
will never pay money for water in a bottle other than distilled water for
irons and such. Bottled water is the only *water* I drink these days.

A friend sells bottled water and soft drinks at the market. His bottled
water ( Ozark spring water) sells for the same price as coca cola or Pepsi
cola. I wish now I had listened to my father! I imagine my friend has less
than twenty cents a bottle in his bottled water.

bob