Reply To:
Discussion of Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 1996 21:12:29 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
Multiple sting treatment is pretty much the same as single sting treatment:     
 Get the stingers out, and watch out for signs of an allegic reaction           
(difficulty in breathing, profuse sweating).  If you have had more than a few   
a few stings, close up the hive if practical and get out of there, as you are   
well "tagged" with alarm pheremone.                                             

If you get a bad allergic reaction, get to an emergency room and/or use your    
bee sting kit.                                                                  

Funny story time:   When my daughter was seven, she wanted a hive of her own    
(with Daddy doing the heavy work).   When we installed the package of bees in   
the hive, Katy looked up at me with that sweet look that turns fathers to       
putty, and said, "Daddy, when I get stung can I say s___ like you do?"          

W. G. Miller                                                                    
Gaithersburg, MD                                                                

ATOM RSS1 RSS2