Reply To:
Discussion of Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 1996 09:16:13 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
Hi group,                                                                       

I have gotten some great answers from my last question.  Let me try one more:   

As I said, many of us have lost all of our hives to varroa or whatever.  I      
am getting hives out of an old tree by putting a brood chamber next to the      
door and nailing a funnel to the hole.  I have been putting some old frames     
out for them to clean off and am seeing some almost black bees coming from a    
different direction.  Since I am out in the sticks, I know the bees are not     
coming from someones box.  My question is:                                      

Do you all have any tips on finding the other hive?                     

I am having a bear of a time getting a package of bees to start like that.      
Also, it is getting late to start a package of bees anyway.  I am wanting to    
get a wild hive, box it and feed it lavishly, so they can make it through       
the winter. An existing hive will have more workers and I can treat them for    
these bee scourges to try to save them.                                         

ATOM RSS1 RSS2