From:
Bob Darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2009 21:45:51 -0500
On 19-Jan-09, at 12:55 AM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> All my fall crop has crystallized. Instead of getting on the
> "reliquifying by heating" merry-go-round, I will market as is.

Hi Patrice and all

I no longer worry about crystallized honey.  I produce only raw honey
and do not heat or filter.  My summer honey is usually very fine
crystals while the fall honey is coarser but still spreadable at room
temperature.  When I first put crystallized honey on my sales table
people asked "what is that white stuff?".  Now if I put fresh liquid
honey on the table, they come to the door and ask why we don't have
any of the white stuff out.  My first sentence is a lie as I do worry
about it crystallizing in the tank.  Bottling 500 lbs of solid honey
is a chore I try to avoid. I use an uncapping fork instead of a hot
knife so no heat there either.

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada